CABC is HIRING
Central Africa Baptist College and Seminary in Kitwe is seeking a well-qualified and self-motivated individual to join our academic team as Academic Assistant. This role serves as an assistant to the academic dean in performing all the administrative functions necessary to the successful delivery of our academic programs. The ideal candidate should have a working knowledge of academic environments, several years administrative assistant experience, high organizational and communication skills, and a self-driven initiative to serve on a growing and vibrant multi-cultural academic team. As is true of all employees of the college, the candidate must also be a like-minded follower of Christ who desires to serve God by serving others, and agrees to our core values, our doctrinal statement, and our distinctives (all three are available at http://www.cabcseminary.org).
If you or someone you know is qualified and interested in applying for this open position, please send an email with your CV and letter of interest to email@example.com.
For more information please see the full job description below or send an email to get in touch with any questions.
CABC Academic Assistant Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists the Academic Dean in the planning, oversight, and implementation of all academic programs offered at CABC including certificate programs, diploma programs, degree programs, and graduate programs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of requirements for academic registration and accreditation and is able to assist the Academic Dean in creating and organizing needed procedures, documentation, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all academic programs and serves as a sounding board for strategic development
- Organizes processes and documents necessary for academic program events including scheduling and registration
2. Assists the Academic Dean in planning, organizing, and implementing academic oversight for all dean and academic department chairs.
- Assists the Academic Dean in organizing the oversight and evaluation of deans and department chairs
- Recognizes the need for dean evaluation data and creates a system to provide the data for the Academic Dean
3. Assists that Academic Dean in planning, organizing, and implementing academic oversight for all CABC faculty members.
- Organizes the details of Faculty Inservice
- Assists in planning and implementing faculty development in weekly faculty meetings
- Organizes and processes faculty data for the Academic Dean
- Maintains regular communication with the faculty regarding meetings, agenda items, discussions, etc.
- Attends to faculty needs and questions regarding policy, attendance, grades, syllabi, etc. and directs the evaluation process for faculty members
- Recognizes the need for faculty evaluation data and creates a system to provide the data for the Academic Dean
- Creates a system for and maintains faculty records
- Creates documents needed for faculty development
4. Assists the Academic Dean in providing academic leadership and oversight for all CABC?students.
- Attends to student inquiries regarding programs, courses, documents, etc.
- Organizes and maintains all student files
- Organizes and maintains systems for attendance and grades
- Anticipates potential student problems and presents them to the Academic Dean
5. Assists the Academic Dean in planning, organizing, and implementing academic office responsibilities and records.
- Maintains a working knowledge of academic policy and procedure and advises the Academic Dean of problems
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Undergraduate Catalog and advises changes and updates
- Writes letters on behalf of the Academic Dean
- Attends to any special requests from the Academic Dean
- Maintains an organized system for academic records
- Minimum of Diploma in a field related to Business Administration
- Familiarity with the academic systems for higher education institutions
- Organizational skills including planning, attention to detail, and effective follow up
- Able to create processes and systems to meet particular needs or address recognized problems
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Competent with computer programs (email, word processing, etc.)
- Minimum of 30 wmp with less than 5 errors
- Professional in conduct and communication
- Emotionally and spiritually mature
- Team minded and able to develop healthy working relationships
- Demonstrates a teachable spirit